Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie


4-5 chicken breasts boiled and cubed (I used bottled chicken and I used 1 1/2 bottles)
1 can cream of celery
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of potato
1 8 oz bag of frozen mixed veggies boil or steam for a few minutes so they are not totally frozen. (I got a 16oz bag and used more than half, I wanted more veggies)
2 deep dish pie crusts (I used the frozen Marie Calenders'. They come in a two-pack)
2 pastry sheets/pie tops (1 box of the Pillsbury brand has 2 sheets inside and works perfect)

Combine all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix together. Pour half the mixture into each pie crust and then cover with a pastry sheet pinching around the edges. Score the pie tops with a fork.

Bake @ 400 for 45 minutes.

Sorry if this recipe isn't very detailed. It's one of those that my mom told me over the phone that my sister had told her over the phone, but I thought it turned out really good and I liked that it made 2 pies. So we ate one (over a couple of days), and now I have another one in the freezer already made that will just need to be heated. It's another really easy and quick dinner. I'm kind of the queen of those these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment